Super EASY! Sweet and Tangy Lemon Curd. Good alone or added to any dessert!
- Prep Time: 8-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 10–12 sevings 1x
- Category: Baking
- juice of 4 lemons (around 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- zest of four lemons
- 5 egg yokes
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized pot and mix well.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken. May take 12-15 minutes.
- Pour warm lemon curd into a glass container (I use a glass measuring cup), cover and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Will thicken up as it cools.
- Good in the fridge for 1 week.
- Taste great added to cooked tart shells as lemon tarts!!
- Taste great on a spoon directly from the fridge!!!